Bruce Richardson joined The Di Salvo Engineering Group in 1985 as a Project Engineer, was named a Principal in 1995, and became President of the firm in 2004. Bruce has experience in the public and private sectors including the design of new construction and the investigation, evaluation, and renovation of commercial, industrial, municipal and educational buildings, parking garages and related facility structures.
Recent projects for which Mr. Richardson had primary responsibility include:
- Riverview Cinemas and Playhouse, Southbury, CT – a new two-story building comprising 90,000 sq. ft. that includes an eight-screen movie theater, retail, office and residential use.
- Greenwich Historical Society, Greenwich, CT – Alterations to the historical museum building to return it to its original configuration and a new two-story Archives Building addition to provide archive storage, gallery space, and roof terrace.
- Two Roads Brewery, Stratford, CT – a new two story 30,000 sq. ft. brewery to expand the product line. Unique features include a rooftop garden, tasting room, outdoor patios, and 400-foot-long elevated pipe bridge.
- SoNo Ice House, South Norwalk, CT – the adaptive re-use of a former manufacturing plant into an indoor ice hockey rink received a 2013 ACEC/CT Engineering Excellence Award.
- Warren Town Office, Warren, CT – the 2013 winner of AIA CT People’s Choice Award for Community Building. The new 14,000 sq. ft., two-story, community building is built to meet Silver LEED Certification standards.
Bruce’s technical knowledge and project experience are key factors in producing successful outcomes for the firms’ projects. His greatest enjoyment comes from sharing the lessons he has learned with the talented TDEG staff and from carrying on the legacy of its founder and his mentor, Richard S. Di Salvo, PE.
BSCE University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 1980
American Society of Civil Engineers – Fellow Member
American Institute of Steel Construction
American Society of Civil Engineers Structural Engineering Institute – Charter Member
American Council of Engineering Companies of CT – Past Director
American Council of Engineering Companies of CT Structural Engineers Coalition
– Past Director
Middlebury Cemetery Association – Board of Directors
Oxford Flying Club – Board of Directors
Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary – Mission Pilot, Aerospace Education Officer
Middlebury Senior Housing Association ~ Past Director