Bruce Richardson joined The Di Salvo Engineering Group in 1985 as a Project Engineer, was named a Principal in 1995, and became President of the firm in 2004. Bruce has experience in the public and private sectors including the design of new construction and the investigation, evaluation, and renovation of commercial, industrial, municipal and educational buildings, parking garages and related facility structures.
Recent projects for which Mr. Richardson had primary responsibility include:
- UTC Aerospace High Bay Addition, Danbury, CT – the 17,000 sf addition to the industrial facility is a one-story “high bay” clean room with overhead bridge cranes and interior iso-pads.
- Marriott Hotel, Newport, RI – the $50M renovation of this landmark building included major renovations to the lobby and dining room and a new exterior dining terrace.
- Regional Vocational Technical School for Aviation Maintenance, Brainard Airport, Hartford, CT – The building is a one-story, 150′ X 240′ aircraft maintenance training facility with classrooms, workshops, and hangar areas.
- SoNo Ice House, South Norwalk, CT – the adaptive re-use of a former manufacturing plant into an indoor ice hockey rink received a 2013 ACEC/CT Engineering Excellence Award.
- Warren Town Office, Warren, CT – the 2013 winner of AIA CT People’s Choice Award for Community Building. The new 14,000 sf, two-story, community building is built to meet Silver LEED Certification standards.
Bruce’s technical knowledge and project experience are key factors in producing successful outcomes for the firms’ projects. His greatest enjoyment comes from sharing the lessons he has learned with the talented TDEG staff and from carrying on the legacy of its founder and his mentor, Richard S. Di Salvo, PE.
BSCE University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 1980
American Society of Civil Engineers – Fellow Member
American Institute of Steel Construction
American Society of Civil Engineers Structural Engineering Institute – Charter Member
American Council of Engineering Companies of CT – Past Director
American Council of Engineering Companies of CT Structural Engineers Coalition
– Past Director
Middlebury Cemetery Association – Board of Directors
Oxford Flying Club – Board of Directors
Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary – Mission Pilot, Aerospace Education Officer
Middlebury Senior Housing Association ~ Past Director