This property on Glenville Road sits on what was once a Cotton Mill in the 18th century. A waterwheel was used to harness the power of the Byram River which runs through the property. In 1881 two partners purchased the property and built the four-story gothic revival building with a tower which is visible to this day. At the time the building was modernized with all the modern industrial conveniences used in the late 1800’s.
In all, there are five buildings which are part of the Mill complex today: the 1881 building, an old railroad building, a mansion, the central mill building and the 1981 building.
This project is a good example of adaptive re-use as three of the buildings have been renovated into residential apartments after having been used in recent years as office space.