Photo by: Warren Jagger Photography
Founded in 1914, the Country Club of Fairfield now occupies land that was once known as “Mosquito Hill”. While the club’s golf course is now regarded as one of the best courses in the country, the property was once occupied by onion fields and marshes.
The golf club, which is situated adjacent to Long Island Sound, has replaced the clubhouse with a new one-story, 9,500 square foot building for its members to enjoy. There is a walk-out lower level. The first floor of the building includes a ballroom with exterior porches, including two elevators and stairwells leading to the lower level.