Ken, with unique experience as a skilled carpenter and general contractor, heads up the firm’s residential group. Ken has an encyclopedic knowledge of all aspects of light construction and serves as a resource in that area to his co-workers, clients and building officials. His plans and specs are noteworthy for detail, practicality and constructibility.
Examples of large residential projects for which Ken has recently served as Principal-in-Charge include:
- Minor Bridge Road, Roxbury, CT – 30,000 sf of stone clad living space including two outbuildings for guests and staff, an underground pool cabana, in addition to a 350-foot long terrace with retaining wall heights exceeding 20 feet.
- Sasco Hill Road, Fairfield, CT – 24,000 sf., of living and utility space with structural steel frame supporting wood I-joist floors and dimensioned lumber roof framing systems.
- Long Neck Point Road, Darien, CT – Extensive alterations and additions to a masonry residence creating 21,500 sf with indoor pool, many elevated masonry decks, and a 45-foot clear span 3rd floor over Living Room with 18 foot ceilings.
- 8-10 School Street, Rye, NY – Four-story, 11,700 sf steel and wood framed apartment building and reinforced masonry shear walls.
- Mt. Vernon Apartment Building, Mt. Vernon, NY – Five-story steel-framed building with masonry shearwalls.
Ken’s engineering talents are not confined to residential construction. He served as the project manager for the New School of Law Library, University of Connecticut and for the restoration of National Hall, a Westport landmark. Each of these projects won the Connecticut Engineers in Private Practice (CEPP) Award for best engineering project for their respective years, 1998 and 1995.
Ken is a former director of the Connecticut Engineers in Private Practice/ Connecticut Structural Engineers Coalition. He currently is chairman of the coalition’s Emergency Response Force.
BSCE Structural Engineering University of Connecticut, 1983
BA Clark University 1975
Connecticut 1988; New York 2005; Massachusetts 2012; Rhode Island 2015
American Council of Engineering Companies of Connecticut
Connecticut’s Structural Engineers Coalition, Director (1998-2000)
Chairman of Emergency Response Group (1999-2007)
The Masonry Society
The American Institute of Timber Construction
American Forest and Paper Association
American Wood Council
Town Facilities Commission member (2006-current) Fairfield, CT
Penfield Pavilion Building Committee (2009-2014) Fairfield, CT
Andrew Warde High School Roof Building Committee Window Replacement, Chairman (2010-2011)
Appalachian Service Project (ASP), Adult Leader (2006) Fairfield, CT
Cub Scouts Cubmaster (1998-2003) Fairfield, CT